May 25, 2020
Public health officials advise no new cases of COVID-19 have been identified as of 9:30 a.m. today. The total number of lab-confirmed positive and probable positive cases in Manitoba remains at 292.
The data also shows:
- no individuals in hospital or intensive care;
- 17 active cases and 268 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19; and
- the number of deaths due to COVID-19 remains at seven
For up-to-date information on testing criteria and community screening sites, visit: ca/covid19/locations.html. For more information and to access the online screening tool for COVID-19, visit www.manitoba.ca/covid19.
- The draft plan for restoring services in Phase Two released May 21 builds on measures from Restoring Safe Services: Manitoba’s Pandemic and Economic Roadmap for Recovery, which set out an evidence-based plan to ease public health measures that had escalated since mid-January. As of May 22, gathering size limits were increased to 25 people indoor and 50 outdoor, while professional sports teams were allowed to return to their training facilities, as long as precautions were taken and the public is not allowed into those
- Detailed information on the draft plan for Phase Two of service restoration can be found at: ca/covid19/restoring/index.html. https://manitoba.ca/covid19/updates/index.html#current
For up-to-date information on testing criteria and community screening sites, visit the Community Screening sites
Cases and Risk of COVID-19 in Manitoba
The dashboard is updated daily at 1 p.m.
Please note: tests results during the weekend are unofficial at this time and will be confirmed on Monday. https://www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/updates/index.html#news
IRTC in-office essential services schedule:
|May 19, 2020 – May 22, 2020
Karl Zadnik 204-956-7413
Donna Thompson 204-302-0959
Tosan Okorosobo 204-869-2082
Darlene Bird 204-281-7388
Liz Bone 204-782-3651
|IRTC Wellness Team
Sheri Gould 204-302-0078
Marcie Tavares 204-803-0700
Treena McPherson 204-302-1344
|May 25, 2020 – May 29, 2020
Cindy Garson 431-334-8761
Josie Kent 204-799-1294
Millie Anderson 204-891-3409
Cailin Hodder 204-899-2486
Unice Ross 204-795-7436
Alyssa Monkman 431-338-4349
Millie Anderson 204-891-3409
Martin McLean 204-280-0232
All IRTC Staff are available continuously via email and cell phone should you need to contact them.
If you are using gloves or masks, please discard these items accordingly.
IRTC Education Update
The program information and application guidelines for post secondary students are now available for the Canada Emergency Student Benefit (CESB) program. Please go to the link below to learn more about the program details and to complete the checklist to determine if you are eligible. https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/benefits/emergency-student- benefit.html
Social Development Program
Provides support services to our I.R.T.C. communities which includes regular updates from Indigenous Services Canada and information in dealing with the Covid 19 crises. Local program delivery has changed to include workplace safety provisions for staff and clients and requires innovative ways for cheque and/or purchase order distribution in communities. Information and bulletins are sent to assist in these areas.
Canada’s COVID 19 Economic Response Plan has raised questions for Income Assistance Administrators on the Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB). Information has been forwarded to communities for client information, community awareness, and provides direction on how the Income Assistance Program addresses clients in receipt of CERB.
The Pre-Employment Supports Program is ongoing. As restrictions open, programs will continue. Caseworkers available to accept applications. With social distancing measures in place, please call to make appointment.
The Wellness team developed an activity booklet for youth. The activity booklet includes fun activities that include coloring, breathing techniques for anxiety and monitor feeling. The booklet is available to print for parents, frontline workers, teachers, and children to print and make copies.
The booklet will be available on the Wellness Facebook page and on the IRTC web page. The Booklet will be sent to all Health Centres affiliated with IRTC