- Job Title – Jordan’s Principle Case Manager – three (3) positions
- Location – IRTC Sub-Office, Headingley, MB
- Salary – Based on experience
- Start Date – ASAP
Under the direction and supervision of the Jordan’s Principle Service Coordinator, the Jordan’s Principle Case Manager will be responsible for the following duties and roles:
- Provide specialized case management and community outreach with Jordan’s Principle staff and partners ensuring all children identified with health needs receive services when off reserve.
- Provide one to one case management
- Complete full needs assessments on children to determine required
- Consult with other service providers (nurses, doctors, education, mental health, psychologists) for integrated case plans and treatment plans, as well as culturally appropriate holistic plan(s) of care.
- Develop policies, strategies, procedures and program
- Degree in Social Services or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Jordan’s Principle purpose and programs & services.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working with First Nation families, children and communities
- Knowledge and experience working with children with special needs.
- Expertise with case management and the development of integrated case plans.
- Knowledge of community resources on and off reserve available to clients and their families.
- Strong conflict resolution skills, an understanding, sensitivity, and cultural safety and awareness of the social and cultural history of Indigenous people.
- Valid emergency First Aid/CPR certification.
- Strong advocacy skills to advocate on behalf of families/clients.
- Ability to use tact and good judgement in dealing with sensitive and complex issues.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a multi service team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Must have a class 5 driver’s license, reliable vehicle and ability to travel.
Please provide a cover letter, resume and three (3) references (preferably from present and recent employers) to:
Avery Letandre, Executive Assistant
Fax: (204) 942-8840 – Email: email@example.com
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls will be accepted. Preference will be given to Indigenous people and applicants are asked to self-declare in their cover letter or resume. Incomplete and late applications will not be considered.