Job Title: Education Director
Location: IRTC Head Office, Fairford, MB
Salary: Based on Experience
Reporting to the CEO, the Education Director’s main focus is to oversee the management of the overall day-to-day operations, planning, development and implementation strategies for IRTC’s Education Programs and Services while actively supporting and collaborating with programs in each of the affiliated and independent communities in the IRTC region, programs, staff and students and other specialized service providers to assure the successful achievement of IRTC’s vision, mission and program objectives resulting in education and student success.
The Education Director will become a part of IRTC’s Senior Management Team and provide the leadership and education expertise. This position will promote individual and IRTC’s First Nation by delivering the education services and programs, manage the Education Department’s work plan activities, deliverables, and other projects as they arise, along with providing advice, expertise, supports and advocacy. The Education Director will provide the mentoring, supervision, management and assistance to its staff, students, and First Nations in this department.
• A University degree / College diploma in a related discipline such as education, business, public administration, social services or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Counseling certification is considered an asset.
• Valid Class driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle.
• 5 years of senior level management experience, preferably within a First Nation environment.
• Experienced in supervisory, First Nation’s education programs, policy development, financial management and coordination activities.
• Experienced working with First Nations’ communities
Please provide a cover letter with your resume and three (3) references (preferably from recent employers) to:
Katarina Tavares, Program Administrative Support Officer
Fax: (204) 942-8840 – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls will be accepted. Preference will be given to Indigenous people and applicants are asked to self-declare in their cover letter or resume. Incomplete and late applications will not be considered.