Thursday, September 17th, 2020
Public health officials advise the current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 1.7 per cent and 11 new cases of the virus have been identified as of 9:30 a.m. today, bringing the number of cases in Manitoba to 1,500.
The data shows:
- one case in the Prairie Mountain Health region;
- two cases in the Southern Health–Santé Sud; and
- eight cases in the Winnipeg health
The data also shows:
- 293 active cases and 1,191 individuals have recovered from COVID-19;
- there are 10 people in hospital and two people in intensive care; and
- the number of deaths due to COVID-19 is 16.
CASE INVESTIGATION UPDATE
Preliminary investigation indicates that none of today’s Winnipeg cases are linked to John Pritchard School. Case investigations continue and if a public health risk is identified, the public will be notified.
PANDEMIC RESPONSE SYSTEM UPDATE
Starting Friday, Sept. 18, the Prairie Mountain Health region will be lowered to the COVID-19 caution level (yellow), according to the #RestartMB Pandemic Response System. This is in response to an improved situation in the region.
Masks are strongly recommended but not required and public gatherings will be limited to 50 people indoors and 100 people outdoors. Public health officials continue to monitor all the regions with increased cases closely to determine if additional restrictions are necessary.
WRHA DISTRICT UPDATE
- Health districts are subdivisions of regional health authorities (RHA) defined primarily based on municipalities and postal codes for analysis purposes. Assigned districts may be based on the mailing address provided by an individual which may differ from the district where they physically reside
IRTC in-office essential services schedule:
All IRTC Staff are available continuously via cellphone and email